Skip to main content

Keep Calm & Pump On.

(To some this photo would just be 4 ounces of Breastmilk but to me it shows my lazy breast is now just 10 ML shy of the other so under suppliers DON'T give up!!! With dedication anything is possible!) 

A week ago I was hooked up to my trusty pump around the clock. A's going through her fourth month growth spurt following her tongue tie clip. All I wanted her to do was latch and all she wanted to eat. Due to A's TT my supply tanked! Along with my D-MER it was best to put nursing on pause. We are now up to one nurse a day. Nighttime comfort nursing. Following her WC, our LC thought it was best we supplement. We were able to get her weight up but than she plateau and my body is having a hard time producing more than 22 ounces a day and she needs 27-29 ounces a day. Joel's been in Dearborn finishing up his last week of training so luckily I had my mom to hold my hand. Each step closer to the cashier the hard it was to keep myself together. Crying over a can of formula. Is the bottle half empty of half full? 

 
Luckily A's not rejecting the formula but isn't fully enjoying it either. Chowing down BM like it's still the best thing ever! Which makes this momma one HAPPY momma.  Today at lunch my good friend asked me "what's been the hardest thing". My mom recently asked me too. I would deliver without pain meds any day compared to having to make the hardest decisions. The hardest decisions are the ones we don't want to make but have to. 

 
Since supplementing for five days now, I have stored up to 18 ounces & 20 ML's! I am hopefull that once this can is complete there will be a nice little stash stored in the freezer. I am glad I've been able to grow thick skin over the last few months. Typically the hurt comments and the peer pressure would have broken me down and I would have given in but I've been able to continue to pump on. Everyone has difference views on what they believe is the "right" way to raise ones child. But what some forget to realize is everyone is different. It's a mean world out there and the last thing we need to do is to judge someone for their choices/views they've decided for their kid/kiddios. 


As A and I work to get our nurse relationship back to were it "was". I can't help but be scared the ugly beast will return. Since switching to EP, my D-MeR has really mellowed out. I may get one spell a day. I continue just to take one day at a time. Honestly that's the only thing we all can do. If the beast makes a fulltime appearance again then I won't be welcoming it back with open arms but I won't back down either! 

 Enjoy and stay safe this weekend while celebrating the true meaning of Memorial Day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Those beauitful moments

Yesterday was a day filled with many ups and downs. A night full of tears and questions. I found myself looking at myself in the mirror, eyes red and puffing asking "Lauren what happened". Life is a scary beautiful mess. I remember going through my PPD counseling and my counselor asked if a new mom asked you one piece of advice what would it be. At first I thought she was nuts! What kind of question is this and why are we ending a rough session like this. She gave me a moment to think.   "Motherhood is scary. Motherhood is beautiful. It pushes you to limits you never thought you were capable of. In the mix of it all you may have that one long night or that one long week that everything seems like its never going end but hang on and make lemonade out of lemons ". Last night I found myself re-reading all my past blog posts and I came a crossed, Life after Baby #1. I found myself re-reading over and over again. Those same thoughts are my current fears, Baby #2. Each

The SAD truth

When I threw my rock at The Climb, I knew it was going to take a lot more than just throwing a rock into the water. It was going to take hard work, blood, sweat and tears. The sad truth, it's time to let breastfeeding go. It has fueled sadness, anger, happiness. What I wouldn't do to go back to waking up every two hours nursing her. To feel that successful latch again. But that is not where we are anymore and that is okay too. So to the Mommas that miss that latch, I support you. To the Mommas pumping every two hours to only get 5 ML, I support you. To the Mommas crying as they make a formula bottle (many Harvard graduates were formula fed babies), I support you. To the Mommas that "need" their body back, I support you.    The one thing I take away from all this is the experience. It's been a painful joy and I wouldn't change any minute of it. To my pumpling , momma thanks you baby girl. Next Thursday will mark our six month breastfeeding journey. I reached tw

Ten fingers. Ten toes

As I rock this precious kiddo to sleep, I am overwhelmed. Everyone asks when's the next little Frederick?! My favorite is "your NOT on birth control?"- no, no sir I'm not. See almost eight years ago I was blessed with a lovely horrible no good UTI for almost two months, leaving in its track trauma and vulvodynia that can not be fixed by a simple pill or surgery. I remember when I first heard "Lauren, I'm sorry but sex will always be painful". The look on my doctors face was basically- best of luck sweetheart! I was in my early 20's. Sex? Painful? Dear lord I'm only 20! I want a big family, huge house and this doctor just told me that? For years I tried therapies and different techniques. After years of wondering what kind of man would love a woman that couldn't provide a physical need all humans need. I mean come on? We're adults, it's a need we all need as humans. What am I going to do? What man would ever love a woman that can't